TIP! Make sure your butter is out of the fridge 3h before starting preparing your dough (otherwise, warm up your butter in a microwave for 1 min max: the butter shouldn’t be melted but soft.
In a big bowl:
1. Mix the salt and the flour.
2. Add your butter and mix it with your fingers until you obtain a fine granular texture (it should be obtained in about 2-3 min).
3. Add your water to thicken the dough.
Don't forget to brush the pie plate with soft butter (it avoids the dough to stick in the plate!).
4. Spread out the dough. Put in a pie dish. Riddle the dough with little holes.
Step 2: Preparing the quiche mix
In a bowl, mix together the eggs, flour, milk & cream, salt/pepper and thyme.
Stir well until all ingredient are mixed.
Step 3: Cook the mushrooms
Roughly dice your mushrooms.
- If the mushrooms are fresh -
Dry-sauté them: don’t’ add anything to your pan, and let the mushrooms cook in their own “juice” until they start to stick in the pan (you can drain the excess of water out if the mushrooms are really humid).
Add some butter/oil, salt/pepper and ½ onion.
Stir-fry the mushrooms about 5 minutes until golden and crispy.
Step 4: Make and bake the quiche
Add your mushrooms to the quiche mix.
Pour the mix in the dough.
Bake at 360 F for about 40-45 min (check your quiche regularly, as the baking varies between ovens).
The quiche should be golden on the top when cooked.